Classroom CurriculumAvailable for all grade levels, classroom astronomy and earth science curriculum that integrates with SciDome's content and capabilities
SciDome extends the learning experience beyond the planetarium, with cross-compatible curriculum for all grade levels.
Starry Night and The Layered Earth allow teachers to share lessons and visualizations for simulation-based, interactive teaching in the classroom and the dome. Student activities are easily transferred to the SciDome, and planetarium professionals can share their demonstrations with teachers for space and earth science education outside the theater.
- Lesson plans correlated to state and national standards that meet curriculum needs
- Accurate visualizations and simulations that allow students to make precise observations of Moon phases, motions of the Sun and planets and much more
- Interactive computer exercises and hands-on activities that encourage questioning, experimentation and exploration and accommodate diverse learning styles
- Pre- and post-assessment resources with recommendations for improved student performance
- Flexible teaching models for easy adaptation to pacing and classroom needs
- Opportunities to develop key skills: observation, data collection, analytical thinking and discovery
- Extensions that connect to topics in math, physics, language arts, social studies and technology
- Winner of ComputED’s Best Educational Software Award, Starry Night has been hailed by reviewers and educators for providing “such unique and compelling experiences that it is destined to change lives.”
Learn more about Starry Night for Classrooms at the Starry Night website.
The Layered Earth
- 20+ Lesson Plans correlated to state, and national standards that meet curriculum needs
- Clear articulation of Learner Expectations for each lesson through the use of introductory Guiding Questions, bulleted Key Concepts, and a Lesson Summary highlighting the main points of review
- Accurate and innovative Visualizations, and Simulations that engage students and illustrate and enhance basic concepts
- In-depth Discovery Exercises that foster observation, measurement, mathematical, and analytical thinking skills
- Pre- and Post-Assessment Activities to test student knowledge and learning, and reinforce basic concepts
- Incorporates Learner Strategies from current educational research such as anticipation guides, multiple intelligences, and graphic organizers
- Numerous Links and Extensions for rich learning environment that provide connections to mathematics, literacy, history, travel, and STSE (Science, Technology, Society, and the Environment)
Learn more about The Layered Earth for Classrooms at The Layered Earth website.
More Educator's Tools for SciDomeSciDome planetariums are designed specifically with the needs of educators in mind
Contact Spitz for more information
To learn more about SciDome’s powerful, easy-to-use tools for educators, contact Spitz at +1.610.459.5200.