3D Design and Motion Graphics
Salt Lake City, UT
Evans & Sutherland, a world leader in immersive visual display, is seeking a qualified Web and Digital Media Specialist to join our marketing team. In this position, you will support E&S marketing by developing web content and other media needed to effectively promote products and services related to immersive dome theaters. A deep understanding of web design and content management is needed, with additional specialties in graphic design, social media, and marketing. The qualified employee will work closely with the marketing team and product managers to create company web and social media presence, advertisements, digital and print campaigns, and other marketing content as needed.
- Conceive, design, and create compelling 3D graphics and animations for the Sales Center including welcome messages, custom branding examples, and package animations using 2D/3D assets
- Design After Effects templates for rapid deployment of graphics in the Sales Center
- Work closely with other members of design team on 2D/3D graphic requests including: web, print, conference collateral, etc.
- Post-production work for promotional video assets
- Work with team members to produce high quality desktop capture webinars and tutorials.
- Willing to learn and develop skills with new software and push the envelope of your expertise
- Demo reel is required
- College degree in graphic design, animation, related field or equivalent work experience
- Proficient with After Effects, Photoshop, Illustrator & Adobe Suite
- Proficient with 3D design software, Maya, Cinema 4d, or similar
- Experience designing and animating 2D/3D graphics
- Strong design and typography skills
- Strong foundation in motion design, animation, tracking and compositing
- Web streaming experience a plus
- Positive, self-starter, capable of performing under pressure and making good decisions, particularly in a fast turnaround environment
- Willing to accept responsibilities and able to work under minimal supervision
- Work effectively both in a team environment and individually
- Consistently work hours required to meet deadlines
Dome Installation Supervisor
Chadds Ford, PA
Supervise the installation of Spitz domes for planetarium, digital theater, simulation and architectural applications [or projection and architectural applications] both domestic and overseas. Supervise projects and be present at the customer site from mobilization through customer acceptance.
- Act as the Spitz on site representative to the customer for all matters related to the dome installation.
- Select and train the locally hired crew in the proper installation of the dome.
- Prepare and approve time sheets for all crew members showing hours worked.
- Evaluate the performance of each crew member, recommending remedial action when necessary. Replace crew members who do not perform to Spitz standards.
- Ensure that all work is performed safely and in accord with Spitz and applicable government labor, health, safety and environmental rules.
- Update the home office by phone contact or written report on the progress of each dome installation, including any existing or potential problems that might result in a schedule delay.
- Inspect the dome progress on a daily basis for quality and schedule.
- Report any technical problems associated with the Spitz design to Engineering.
- Perform an acceptance review with the customer at the end of the installation. Make certain that the Spitz Installation Services Performed form is filled out, signed, and forwarded to the home office with a copy to the customer.
- Performs other associated duties as assigned.
Requires supervisory experience. Prefer experience in the installation and assembly of pre-fabricated structures. Extensive travel is required both domestically and internationally. Must possess or be able to obtain U.S. passport.
- that employee be on his feet several (8-10) hours per day
- climbing scaffolding several times per day
- working at heights
- working in environments which are not climate controlled
- being away from home for weeks, if not months, at a time.
- requires lifting of 20-30 lbs.
Chadds Ford, PA
Help be a part of a shift in focus from local onsite infrastructure to a cloud-based infrastructure. Work at remote corporate office to develop, recommend, and implement innovative, cost effective approaches to modify and enhance system functions and performance. This position has good technical knowledge of Windows Servers and desktop administration for PC and Mac systems. Knowledge of sub-netting, routing and basic network configuration is required. Experience with VMWare and Microsoft Azure is a plus.
- Ensure system availability and integrity through system coverage, maintenance, and on-call support.
- Ensure all system backups are done on a daily basis and the integrity and recoverability of systems is available.
- Maintain and update local on-site servers and deploy replacements as necessary.
- Maintain and support office systems such as Wi-Fi, printing, and network file shares.
- Assist in Microsoft Azure and other Cloud environments as necessary.
- Provide technical feedback to the main corporate office regarding problem resolutions.
- Participate in evaluation & recommendations for system wide software and hardware standards.
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as required.
- Assist in auditing of systems as required.
- Three to five years of Systems Administration in large scale Windows environment or equivalent.
- Proficiency in Windows trouble-shooting on a server and desktop level.
- Proficiency in network switches and configuration.
- Exceptional analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to function within stringent time frames and deadlines.
- Excellent verbal and written skills.
- Must be a team player.
- Desire to constantly improve and stay current on technology.
What we offer
- Generous 401(k) plan
- Full medical/dental/vision package to fit your needs
- Paid Time Off & Personal Holidays
- Tuition Reimbursement
- A positive and supportive team to work with
EEO/AA Employer M/F/D/V
TO APPLY: Send resume to Staffing@es.com
As an EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY/AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYER, it is the policy of Evans & Sutherland Computer Corporation and Spitz, Inc. to provide equal opportunity in all aspects of employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, gender, national origin, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or any other basis protected by state or federal laws.